Emergency Management of Severe Burns Course (EMSB)
The course is fully booked. If you wish to be put on the standby list, please take contact with firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to the EBA Congress in Barcelona, a one day EMSB course will be organised:
- on Tuesday 5 September 2017
- from 9:00 - 19:00 hrs.
- in hotel Crown Plaza Barcelona Fira Center
Resuscitation and stabilisation of patients with severe burns is of the utmost importance for the final outcome of treatment. The Emergency Management of Severe Burns course (EMSB) provides instruction on the assessment, stabilisation and transfer severely burned patients during the first 24 hours.
This will be the second time that such an intensive course is held and organised by the European Burns Association and supported by the Dutch Burns Foundation and Congress Care. The EMSB course is for physicians and nurses involved in acute burn treatment. This course can also be attended without participation in the EBA congress.
The EMSB course is originally developed in Australia and has been successfully taught to several countries world-wide. The course has been given to medical and nursing professionals in the Netherlands and UK for more than 15 years. The EMSB staff now presents the course to the other European countries and hopes this will have a catalysing effect on disseminating the concept of the EMSB and to improve care for severely burned patients in Europe.
The course is an intensive one-day training, given by lecturers from the Netherlands, Scandinavia and the UK and will be held in English. The instructors have both extensive clinical as well as teaching experience in the field of burns and emergency care.
ProgrammeOutline of the course:
• A reference manual outlining all aspects of the emergency management of burns is sent to the participants prior to the course
• There is a series of brief lectures highlighting important aspects of the aetiology, pathophysiology, emergency examination and treatment of the patient
• Relevant clinical skills are demonstrated and important topics are explained in group discussions
• Life-like case simulations in hands-on workshops are used to consolidate and integrate the course material.
• The course concludes with an assessment and a written examination.
Registration and costs
Registration for this course is limited to 24 physicians and/or nurses. Course fee is EUR 495
per participant and includes course manual, lunch and refreshments.